December 10, 2016

christmas mantel inspiration


Happy weekend, y’all! Christmas is a short two weeks away, so I thought I’d share some pretty mantel inspo today, in case you need any. I definitely do! 

This year I’m simplifying my holiday décor, and right now my mantel just has an evergreen garland and a variety of tall white pillar candles lined up in varying heights. 

I do really like the simplicity of it, but I’m feeling like it needs an extra dash of something unexpected and fun!


While on pinterest, I do keep seeing some elements that I love. They could work all together, or as featured stars on their own. We need to remember to pair them up tastefully. 

A gold mirror is always a favorite. I also love some silver dollar eucalyptus thrown in. It adds more a modern feel.  


Vintage glass ornaments always offer a touch of glamour and sparkle. Votives and candelabras, when lit, add much needed vibrance and movement to the vignette.


Elements from nature always look great. You have the option of keeping it neutral or adding a splash of red!


Sometimes it’s easier to decorate in a symmetrical fashion, and it always looks good. An evergreen wreath over the mantel is definitely a great idea.


Collections of gold with varying patinas look amazing together, especially with fresh greens. The fresh limes on this garland are a fragrant choice. 


Pine, spruce, juniper, magnolia and pears look so pretty together. Start layering in the middle and work your way out.


Remember to make your mantel a focal point in the room. If your Christmas tree is in the same room, make sure they coordinate with each other.


A simple garland or small tree can be the best choice!   



ciao! fabiana


photo credit:
Martha Stewart
House & Home
Sharon Santoni
House Beautiful
Southern Living
Veranda
Loloi Rugs
Domino
Christmas4u on tumblr

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...