February 19, 2017

the alfresco life




Wow! We’ve had a few days of stormy weather, but today, the sun’s out, and I’m looking forward to the warm spring months ahead. I’m starting to plan for an outdoor dinner party or two, and here’s a little Sunday inspiration...


Alfresco dining under a shady tree is the ultimate way to connect with nature and enjoy a lovely meal with family and friends. 


Pick a sheltered spot. Think of this space as an outdoor dining room. Comfortable chairs and a rustic wood table are the perfect starting point in setting a glorious alfresco table. 


For me, comfort is the operative word. I want to spend quality time in the backyard while entertaining, so having few throw pillows and an umbrella is always useful. 

I can save myself return trips back to the kitchen by staging a pretty supply table filled with extra water, beverages, napkins, and condiments. And, I'll have a few little throw blankets on hand, in case guests get chilly.  


String lights, lanterns and candles are perfect to transition afternooon into evening. 


Dockside dining is so luxurious and relaxing!


If you’re fortunate enough to have a rooftop deck, take advantage of the situation and invite your friends to share the views!  


Or, save yourself the fuss, and stop in at one of your favorite outdoor cafés. The Ivy is everyone’s favorite choice in Los Angeles! 



I invite you to stop by my new Ciao Tablescapes page. It’s a collection of my favorite tablescapes that I’ve created since starting my blog in 2011. I'll be constantly updating this page with new favorites, so check back often!

If there are any holidays or themes you’d like to see, leave me a comment! You can find the tab at the top of my page or simply click here.


ciao! fabiana


💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 


You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.



photo credit: Veranda, Flower Wild, My Inner Landscape, SB Digs, On Love Street, 
Midwest Living, Deer Pearl Flowers, The Ivy Restaurants, Merriam-Webster







2 comments:

Sally Cote' said...

Ooh! I love your inspiring pictures! I live in Michigan so it will be a while before I can think about eating out on our huge outdoor deck. We just moved to a flat above a store downtown in our city and we are blessed with this great outdoor space.
We were visiting our son and daughter in-law in Pasadena and last Sunday we ate at the Ivy. I took lots of pictures of the gorgeous roses. We loved the Ivy! I also loved the shop next door called Indigo Seas.
I'm sure you'll post pictures when you host your party.

Marena said...

Every one was my favorite. Just so beautiful and special to be outside in nature. Thanks for the inspiration. xo

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...