January 24, 2017

easy burlap table runner


On the lookout for a simple burlap runner? Why not make your own? It’s super easy to create! All you need is some burlap fabric-by-the yard and scissors. No hemming required. Here’s the one I made for my Valentine’s Day tablescape…


I purchased my burlap bolt from Oriental Trading, and it's the perfect color and texture I was looking for! I started by cutting my burlap fabric to the size of 17” x 80”. That size seemed perfect for my small round dining table. I took out the two leaves from the table to have a more intimate dining experience.


The secret is to cut the fabric very straight right along the lines of the threads. It’s actually pretty easy, since the burlap already provides a grid pattern. Once you get your cuts made to the size you desire, you need to fringe the edges. 

This is simply done by taking two threads at a time and unraveling them from the fabric to create a fringe on each edge. I ended up taking about 7-8 threads off for each side. This gave me the look I was going for, but you can play with it for a more tailored look or a more shaggy look. I recommend cutting and fringing outside, or in the garage, because this process can be a little messy.


Here’s the finished edge. I hot glued some glittery hearts on the ends that were left over from my gold glitter mantle garland. You’ll see the rest of the Valentine tablescape later this week!



ciao! fabiana

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...